Air frying is a modern cooking technique that has been developed to allow for the roasting, frying and grilling of food without using the copious amounts of fat we are used to. It is a healthy alternative to deep frying using oil. The beauty of this technology is that the food being prepared not only gets the taste of deep fried food but also the texture. Although air fryers help in reducing the oil but the taste suffers so, if you don’t mind that you can buy the best deep fryer for home for great taste. With this technology, you will be able to eliminate grease which is a leading cause of cardiovascular diseases thus leading a healthier life.
This modern cooking appliance comes well fitted with a heating element as well as a fan. The heating element then heats up the enclosed air inside the machine and the fan then blows the hot air around. As a result, the food is cooked by this rapidly moving air striking it in all directions. Hot air fryers normally use heated air as opposed to heated oil to cook food by using Rapid Air Technology.
How it works?
These appliances are designed to allow very hot air to circulate in a manner that resembles the flow and movement of heat currents within a pot with boiling oil. This is what enables the system to crisp the outside of the food as well as cooking the inside of it. Moreover, some modern designs come with grilling elements that add crispness and browning. The end result is food that is well cooked and moist on the inside with the outside being brown, crispy and quite appealing to the eye.
Why use it?
· The main reason most people buy this appliance is that it helps one to eat a low fat diet as you can cook a large amount of roast potatoes or chips with just one tablespoon of oil. This helps us ward off obesity, heart diseases and other weight related problems.
· Food prepared by air frying is fluffy inside and looks very similar to the deep fried version. However, some people have found it not quite crispy but otherwise delicious and the best alternative to the deep fried version.
· This machine cleans very easily and most of its parts can go into the dishwasher comfortably thus cooking with it is not a hassle.
· If you think chips is the only food you can cook with these machines, you are wrong. You can cook a variety of recipes with them and all it takes is a little adaptation. Furthermore, most air fryers come with their own collection of recipes making it easier for you.
· This machine is easy to operate as you just need to put the food ingredients into the basket which sits on a drip drawer pan, push the basket into the machine, set the timer and temperature and the cooking process starts. Also it can sit on the worktop and can be easily stored away when not in use.
In case you didn’t know, yes it is possible to eat deep fried foods without the killer fat. In the end, this translates to fewer calories and healthier bodies which we all want, right?